2012 Riverland Sportsperson of the Year Brad Gallard had his Geiser Bros USA Trophy Truck back in ‘full fitness and form’ after some recent interruptions due to mechanical issues when he blew the opposition away in the Goondawindi 400 in Queensland a fortnight ago.
Brad won the Prologue but was relegated to second place on the starting grid for the main event after the Top Ten Shoot Out. However by the end of the one 80km lap stage one of the ’400′ he was in the lead and with no real dust to worry about the next day he gradually increased the margin over the last four laps to complete the journey in four hours, eight minutes, fifteen minutes ahead of Glenn Owen and Matt Ryan.
Goondawindi is arguably the toughest off road track in the business with its notorious Malapunyah Run with massive whoops and melon holes but Gallard with his navigators Scott Modistach and Todd Casey conquered it in spectacular style.
Off road action last weekend then moved to the Wynarka Enduro, the fourth round of the SA Multi Club series.
The weather was cold and windy but the track in excellent condition although its normal challenges still took their toll and only 18 of the 37 starters finished their journey..
In the Prologue Brenton Forsyth finished first ahead of Waikerie-Riverland`s Toby Francombe with Jack Rhodes third.
Then later on Saturday the first section of the main event, three laps of the 20 km track, saw Rhodes in front, Forsyth second and Waikerie-Riverland`s Mannum member Carl Haby, ,who was 12th in the Prologue, third.
However on Sunday after the remaining laps it was the Haby`s, Carl, Tammy and Aaron that scored their first ever win in an event in their new Element Racing Progidy No 56 car taking the Enduro outright ahead of Darryl Nissen and Andrew Harness with Rhodes  and David Pullino third.
Of Waikerie-Riverland interest Eric Schmid and Leanne Walker took out the Production 4WD class while there were a number of their club mates unfortunately amongst the hard luck stories.
Toby Francombe after his strong Prologue ran into tyre then gear box problems, John Schultz ‘broke the rear end’ in lap one of the main event, and Lindsay Foster received a serious hit to the hand by a rock thrown up by another car and was unable to continue.